Isaiah Women (IW), our temple’s sisterhood, offers women various opportunities and programs to promote leadership, learn together, engage in social causes, and build relationships. The mission and goals of IW, the organization, include activities that aim to:
- Support and further the goals of our congregation through participation in our temple’s activities and through earmarked, monetary contributions.
- Work in cooperation with Women of Reform Judaism (WRJ) and WRJ Pacific by paying dues, attending area workshops, and supporting WRJ’s Youth, Education, and Special Projects Fund (YES).
- Provide clergy-led learning opportunities in Jewish rituals, including Rosh Hodesh evenings and celebration of Sukkot, Hanukkah, and Passover.
- Join together for intellectual stimulation at gatherings such as Cover to Cover (our IW book group) and Lilith Salon, adult education programs, and docent-led museum programs.
- Engage in “women supporting women” social justice activities that address the myriad issues affecting women today. Our goal is to empower, educate, and support women and their families through projects in collaboration with Temple Isaiah, the larger Jewish community, and/or greater Los Angeles.
- Build relationships through social gatherings, such as movie nights, theater events, and art projects.
We hope you will join us for the many activities we’ve planned that aim to inspire and deepen our friendships and connections to one another and to Temple Isaiah, Los Angeles and the Jewish community.
We have four levels of participation:
- Double Chai: $500
- Chai: $360
- Woman of Valor: $180
- Mitzvah Patron: $72
To join or renew your membership with your credit or debit card, click HERE.
Where do your dues go and what is WRJ?
As the “Sisterhood” of a Reform congregation, Isaiah Women functions under the auspices of Women of Reform Judaism (WRJ) and is part of its Pacific District. For each member, IW contributes $18 to support the national organization plus $2.10 to the Pacific District. WRJ’s important work strengthens the voice of women worldwide and empowers them to create caring communities, nurture congregations, cultivate spirituality and personal growth, and promote progressive Jewish values.
In addition to our support for WRJ, IW supports many local service organizations and projects. IW established the Isaiah Women K12 Scholarship, a fund that IW contributes to annually to provide need-based scholarships to K12 families. Each year, our Board of Directors allocates our Social Action funds to various organizations or projects.
We have exciting events planned and look forward to your participation as we strive to create new programming for women of all ages to come together in friendship and learning.