Our passionate educators, incredible clergy, devoted parents and wonderful students learn and grow together, living Judaism with joy and meaning.
9:30 a.m. to 10:05 a.m. | T’fillah and Song session with Danny
10:05 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. | Passover learning with clergy
PreK, Kindergarten & Grade 1 with Rabbi Dara
Grades 2, 3 & 4 with Rabbi Jaclyn
Grades 5 & 6 with Rabbi Zoe
HERE IS A LINK TO ONLINE VOICE RECORDER
Have your children record themselves practicing Hebrew words or saying the names and sounds of the Hebrew letters. and share them with you or Have your child record her/himself saying a blessing or a song and listen to it to check themselves.
HERE IS A LINK TO LEARNING HEBREW
This website is one of my favorites. You can play memory games, learn how to write Hebrew letters, shapes, names, and sounds, create flash cards and much more. It is one of my favorites.
Join Song leader Danny and members of the K-12 team for Tuesday evening Tefliah (Prayer) and singing. We'll break out the classics and maybe even sprinkle in some Passover songs. Join us to sing or just to connect with one another virtually.
One of the goals of the seventh and eighth-grade programs is to break away from the typical classroom lecture style of teaching. Our seventh & eighth-grade students will be active participants in learning while connecting more deeply with each other and the community around them. For the second year, we are offering three amazing educational field trips led by Tzedek America www.tzedekamerica.org a local non-profit organization. Our students will experience hands-on and learn different aspects of Social Justice, which is an integral part of our program.
• Mensches (people of honor and integrity)
• Tzadikim (people of righteousness)
• Chachamim (people of Jewish wisdom)
• Jewish Identity
By instilling a connection to Jewish tradition, rituals, Torah, history, and Hebrew, we strengthen a student’s Jewish identity.
• Jewish Community
By making the temple a second home and building lasting friendships through meaningful conversation, engaging activities, retreats, youth group, travel to Israel, music, and art, we strengthen a student’s place in Jewish Community.
• Jewish Faith
By participating in the celebration of Shabbat and holidays, learning Jewish prayer and honest exploration of our faith, we strengthen a student’s sense of awe, wonder, and gratitude.
• Enthusiastic, quality teachers with ongoing training and mentorship
• Rishonim: Religious School teens become teachers’ assistants and role models
• Clergy participation
• Going “outside the walls” for retreats, field tripsand special programs
• Commitment to social action and community service
• Furnishing apartments for homeless families with Upward Bound House
• Serving hundreds of meals at several homeless shelters
• 2nd grade Mussar (Jewish values) program
• L’Dough v’Dough: baking challah with Holocaust survivors
• Torah in the Home: Clergy brings Torah to your home
• Hebrew Through Movement, Hebrew Intensive and Hebrew Boot Camp
• 8th grade Israel Twinning program
• Religious Action Center program in Washington DC (Confirmation students)
• 11th and 12th graders to Israel to learn about “dual history”
• Taking teens to the south to learn about Civil Rights and the Jewish participation
• Our Hevruta: Intergenerational Torah learning
The Religious School office
Senior Director of K-12
Associate Director of K-12
Director of Youth & Camp K-12
Sundays: 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Tuesdays: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Religious School curriculum
• Grade by grade summaries
• How we teach Hebrew
• Hebrew intensive resources
• 8th grade Twinning
• Dual Narrative Trip
• Family Trip
• FPC: Family Philanthropy Club
• Download our Social Action Newsletter
• Shabbat Sing-Along
• The Sound of Isaiah
• Pop-Up Choir and Permanent Player
• History of the Religious School
• Ellen Goldberg Excellence In Jewish Teaching Mentoring Program
• 7th-12th grade Tuesday Dinner Menu
• Snack Shop Items
• Food Policy
• Upcoming Adult Events
• Religious Education Committee
• Religious Parent Association
• Rishonim Program for Teens
• Volunteer Opportunities
• Teaching Opportunities