What is a ‘youth group’ you ask? As the name implies, Temple Isaiah has a group of youth who get together for purely fun opportunities. Open to all Temple Isaiah students in grades 3 and up, we have age-appropriate activities for social connectivity both inside and outside of the temple walls. The goal is to encourage friendship, Jewish identity and increase the likelihood of staying connected to the temple and each other through high school and into young adulthood.
Now open to 3rd graders! We’ve re-shuffled and re-branded the groups, and we are so excited to roll out the new groups. A board of teens runs ITY (Isaiah Temple Youth, now for grades 8-12) voted in each year by teens at the temple. The ITY board meets twice a month to plan, organize, and run ITY’s monthly events. JITY (formerly Jr. ITY) for grades 6-7 and ITY BITY (formerly CLUB 45) for grades 3-5, each has a fun social event every month.
Temple Isaiah members and friends from other synagogues are invited to our events and activities. Often, we gather with other youth groups from other Southern California regions. We hope to see you at an event!
Contact Lisa Rostaing, Youth & Camp Director for more information and become involved with Temple Isaiah’s youth groups! 310.277.2772 ext 23 or email@example.com
Mark your calendar for these exciting youth group events!
HOW TO UNDERSTAND ALL OUR CRAZY ACRONYMS:
- ITY stands for Isaiah Temple Youth.
- Temple Isaiah is a member of the URJ (Union for Reform Judaism).
- NFTY (North American Federation of Temple Youth) is the teen branch of the URJ and is only open to grades 9-12. There is also a NFTY SOCAL 678 for grades 6-8.
- NFTY is divided into regions, Temple Isaiah is located within the SoCal region.
- Within each region there are TYG’s (Temple Youth Groups.) All TYG names end in “ty” for temple youth.
- Just as ITY has a teen-board who meets, plans, and facilitates all meetings and events, there is a NFTY SoCal regional board who plan and run the kallot (retreats.) ITY, once again, has a member who was elected to a regional board position.
- The regional advisor oversees the regional board and all the logistics for the NFTY kallot (retreats.)
Any NFTY SoCal questions are directed to Spencer, firstname.lastname@example.org.