Opportunities for Students in Grades 4-12
Temple Isaiah offers unique and exceptional opportunities for youth in grades 4-12 to gather and celebrate Jewish life and have FUN. Similar to a Jewish club, our programs are designed to give participants a chance to interact socially with a safe environment while exploring their Jewish roots. The goal is to encourage friendship, Jewish identity and increase the likelihood of staying connected to the temple and each other through high school and into adulthood.
HOW TO UNDERSTAND ALL OUR CRAZY ACRONYMS:
- ITY stands for Isaiah Temple Youth.
- Temple Isaiah is a member of the URJ (Union for Reform Judaism).
- NFTY (North American Federation of Temple Youth) is the teen branch of the URJ.
- NFTY is divided into regions, Temple Isaiah is located within the SoCal region.
- Within each region there are TYG’s (Temple Youth Groups.) All TYG names end in “ty” for temple youth.
- Just as ITY has a teen-board who meets, plans, and facilitates all meetings and events, there is a NFTY SoCal regional board who plan and run the kallot (retreats.) ITY, once again, has a member who was elected to a regional board position.
- The regional advisor for NFTY SoCal is Spencer Hirsch and he oversees the regional board and all the logistics for the NFTY kallot (retreats.) Any NFTY SoCal questions are directed to Spencer, firstname.lastname@example.org.