7th – 8th Grade Religious School Retreat
San Francisco Here We Come. February 2012.
Get ready for an exciting and unique trip to San Francisco with the seventh and eighth grade retreat!
In 2007, Temple Isaiah partnered with Peninsula Temple Sholom in the Bay Area to create an exchange like no other. This year, it is our turn to travel to San Francisco! That means we’ll be visiting the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Fisherman’s Wharf, and several historic Jewish sites. Through it all, we’ll be exploring the theme of “American Jew or Jewish American?”
All of our seventh and eighth grade students are invited and expected to attend. This is a weekend you don’t want to miss!
|Date:||February 3-5, 2012|
|Cost:||$100 if paid by January 18.
Cost does NOT include airfare.
(Online prices are better than the group rates we’d get by buying the tickets together.
See below for more info on flights.)
|Location:||Peninsula Temple Shalom, Burlingame|
Please click here to register online.
You will need to pay online as a part of the registration. The cost of the trip is $100 (not including airfare) if paid before Jan 18, 2012.
The deadline for registration is January 18, 2012.
(Each family is responsible for booking their own flight.)
We’ll be flying Southwest Airlinesfrom LAX to/from SFO.
- Departure: Friday, February 3, Flight #3013 – 12:20-1:50
- Return: Sunday, February 5, Flight #2686 – 12:45-2:10
More Important Information:
- We will be meeting on Friday, February 3 at 10:45am at LAX in the Southwest Terminal between the counters and security escalators.
- On Sunday, February 5, we will meet parents at baggage claim around 2:45pm.
- Transportation in while in San Francisco will be by mini-vans with seatbelts and licensed drivers.
- We will be home-hosted by the families of Peninsula Temple Sholom. Contact info for home hosts will be available approximately two weeks before we leave.
- All activities will be led by experienced guides, docents and trained chaperones.
- Registration forms and full payment must be submitted by Tuesday, January 18, 2012.
- Cost is $100, and after Jan. 12, 2012 the cost increases to $120.
- Price includes: ground transportation, meals, programs, supervision, and guides.
- No refunds.
- Space is limited.
Why should my student go on this retreat?
If Jewish education is very important, then Jewish retreats are an extremelyimportant ingredient. During these informal experiences, learning can be truly natural and exciting. Friendships formed during these experiences create lasting bonds and newer levels of understanding and appreciation for our Jewish identity. Though we’re working hard to build some of these elements into our religious school program, the experience of “getting away” (outside of the box, literally) is something we just can’t replicate in our own building. As a result, retreats like this one are a fundamental part of our overall educational program. That’s why we subsidize the cost of this retreat for all seventh and eighth grade Temple Isaiah Religious School students. (You didn’t think a weekend full of this much adventure costs only a hundred bucks, did you?)
Please contact Lisa Greengard with any questions or concerns at 310-277-2772 x 23 or firstname.lastname@example.org.