The Youth Opportunity Scholarship Fund
We’re very proud and grateful to announce the Youth Opportunity Scholarship Fund, a new source of financial aid for students interested in participating in Jewish camping, Israel programs, youth group conclaves, and social justice trips. Through this fund, Temple Isaiah teens may apply for need-based scholarships to make participation these special experiences less financially challenging.
The Youth Opportunity Scholarship Fund has been established thanks to the generosity of Gail Solo, an longtime Isaiah congregant and leader in our community. Its purpose is to help students, when needed, to participate and grow as mensches in these three endeavors:
- Religious School-sponsored tikkun olam and advocacy trips;
- Jewish camping scholarships, including NFTY retreats/conferences;
- Israel youth trips sponsored by NFTY or a comparable organization.
For the 2011-2012 school year, the following programs qualify for need-based funding from the Youth Opportunity Scholarship Fund:
- NFTY Leadership Training Institute (youth group board members only), October 14-15, 2011
- 6th/8th Grade Service Trip to New Orleans, November 2-6, 2011
- L’Taken Seminar in DC (Confirmation class), December 2-5, 2011
- NFTY Fall Kallah, December 2-4, 2011
- URJ Biennial, December 14-18
- URJ West Coast Party, January 13-16
- Teen Service Trip to New Orleans, Feb 8-12
- NFTY Social Justice Kallah, March 2-4
- NFTY Elections, April 20-22
- NFTY Spring Kallah, May 18-20
Other programs meeting the above criteria will qualify as well.
To inquire about potential programs or to apply for financial assistance through the Youth Opportunity Scholarship Fund, please contact Lisa Greengard, youth director or Josh Mason-Barkin, director of congregational learning.
The Fund welcomes the participation of families who can help pay this mitzvah forward so that more of our students can share in these opportunities. To help build on the founding gift, please contact Stewart Bogen, development director.